After breathing in a “foul odour”, a captain and his co-pilot with British Airways were hurried to a hospital as they fell ill in the cockpit during a flight to London.
The incident happened on Thursday morning, October 19 while they were flying at 30,000ft in the air after take-off from Newcastle.
The foul smell forced the duo to wear oxygen masks while a contact was made with emergency on the ground.
After the plane which was filled with people landed at the Heathrow airport, the duo was rushed to hospital after ‘keeling over’ amid fears that they may have been exposed to toxic chemicals.
According to reports, ambulances and fire services went to the airline’s Crew Report Centre, where the two pilots were initially assessed after suffering “smoke inhalation” in the cockpit.
Also, the duo was sent to the hospital for further tests.