Iran’s Army Chief, Maj. Gen. Amir Hatami, has announced a $30,000 reward for any Iranian who kills or captures a U.S. military personnel, while offering women who carry out such an act twice the amount.
Hatami made the controversial announcement in Tehran on Sunday during an event marking Journalists’ Day, amid continuing tensions between Tehran and Washington.
According to the army chief, a public-backed funding scheme had been created to finance the reward, with the Iranian Army guaranteeing payment to successful participants.
He said anyone who kills or captures and hands over an American service member regarded as an aggressor would receive $30,000, equivalent to about five billion Iranian tomans.
Hatami further announced that women who successfully carry out the act would receive twice the stated reward.
The military commander also introduced another incentive, saying weapons used by individuals who kill U.S. personnel would be purchased by Iranian authorities for twice their original value and replaced with new ones.
Warning the United States against further confrontation, Hatami said Washington should understand that any mistake made against Iran would have serious consequences.
He also issued a strong statement on the Strait of Hormuz, describing the strategic waterway as a major geopolitical asset for Iran and insisting that its status would not return to what it was before the conflict.
Hatami said Iran had previously recognised the strategic importance of the strait but that the war had activated its full potential as a source of leverage.
He maintained that Iran was prepared to bear whatever costs were necessary to preserve control over the waterway.
According to the army chief, the Strait of Hormuz would be a central issue in any agreement designed to end the conflict and address what Tehran considers the threat of further attacks against Iran.
Hatami also declared that U.S. forces would no longer be allowed to operate in the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman or the Strait of Hormuz.
He said the removal of American forces from the area had already been achieved and insisted that U.S. military bases would not be allowed to return to their former position.
Responding to comments previously attributed to U.S. President Donald Trump about the Strait of Hormuz, Hatami accused the American leader of making a serious miscalculation.
He said Trump’s subsequent claim that the remarks were a joke did not reduce their seriousness, warning that Iran had forces prepared to defend the country and its strategic interests.




